Saturday, June 26, 2010

Reflection for 6711

Being exposed to new educational research and learning theories has been very beneficial to me as an educator. The concepts of constructivist and constructionist learning theory will create a dynamic and engaging classroom for my students. Project based learning is part of music, as the performance is the goal we are striving for. With music being very repetitive or behaviorist in nature, this addition of learning theories will certainly add to my toolbox.

Two technological tools that I will be using in my classroom will be voicethread and Smartmusic. Voicethread will be used to convey information , as well as have student dialogue and input into the lesson. The “lesson” information can be created allowing students access to the lesson at home to refresh their memory of how to play their instrument. Smartmusic will be used as a practice tool, an evaluation tool, and as a visual feedback station for my students to utilize. I plan on purchasing Smartmusic for each student in my band program this year.

My long term goals and changes in my instructional practices include creating a system that allows students to use technology to become more successful on their instruments via web sites links and assignments, as well as using Smartmusic to kick start the students playing abilities. I can give a weekly assignment to my students that must be completed on Smartmusic. Students that do not have a computer at the house, can come into the room before and after school. Students will also have opportunities in class to access Smartmusic. Friday’s will become a Smartmusic day to allow students to perform on the program. The challenge will be to have access to the gradebook portion of the program on the network we currently use in the school system. I will contact the technology head for the system to discuss the issues and problems we can fix, so the students have access to this part of the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment