Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rhymes of History

In this week's blog posting, I am looking at the idea of a rhyme of history.  It is well quoted that history repeats itself.  I like to think of the smartphone ipod, or tablet that allows a user to listen to music.  It takes me back to my days of youth, where we used to listen to a transistor radio, because it was small, portable, and allowed you to use an earpiece to listen without bothering others around you.  While current listening devices have much more to offer, they served their purpose to provide music played on the am and fm band in a portable device. 

4 comments:

  1. Chris,

    Today's musical devices offer many more capabilities than the transitor radio. But for its time, the transitional radio was the "happening" thing. We didn't think there was anything better!

    ~Danita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    What rhymed with those devices used for music listening prior to the transistor radio? What future rhyme do you predict will be used in the future for the same purpose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This-
      http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324539304578259883507543150.html

      Delete
  3. Hi Chris,
    Speaking of music. I have a collection of 45 and 33 records. I have some older records that work on a faster speed. I have family members with a collection of 8 track tapes. Music devices appeal to different groups in different ways. They remind me of my youth when I made that bee-line to the record store when a new 45 came out. I don't listen to music as often as I did. None of the latest devices have been able to recapture that joy.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete