Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Achieving goals via the GAME plan for NETS-T

NETS-T Standards
Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
Teachers understand local and global societal issues and responsibilities in an evolving digital culture and exhibit legal and ethical behavior in their professional practices. Teachers:
Standards 4a. advocate, model, and teach safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology, including respect for copyright, intellectual property, and the appropriate documentation of sources.
Standard 5c. Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
Teachers continuously improve their professional practice, model lifelong learning, and exhibit leadership in their school and professional community by promoting and demonstrating the effective use of digital tools and resources. Teachers:
evaluate and reflect on current research and professional practice on a regular basis to make effective use of existing and emerging digital tools and resources in support of student learning.

GAME Plan

Goals -
My first goal is to have all of my students’ and my work use reference pages in their projects, power points, in their online, as well as written work. By doing this we create a culture of respect for authorship. My second goals is to peruse two articles a week on how existing and digital tools are being used in student learning. Articles will include respected research journals from the Walden library as well as online scholarly publications for technological use and educational settings.

Action Steps -
The action steps I plan on taking will be to use RSS feeds to my google account to peruse new uses and products that affect educational technology. I currently subscribe to a radio hosts podcasts concerning technology, as well as feeds for PC magazine, Macworld, and sites related to my portable devices. I plan on accessing these sites once per week, scheduling one day for PC oriented devices, one day for Apple oriented devices, and one day for my portable devices.

Monitoring -
I will monitor my action steps, realizing that I must plan for time to peruse my RSS feeds for each type of device, and budget at least thirty minutes worth of time to peruse new and existing technologies.

Evaluating -
I plan on evaluating whether the product will enhance student productivity in my classroom, allow students to create something tangible out of nothing, and look at how my students can grow from using the technology. I plan on keeping a journal in Microsoft Onenote for three months, where I can place interesting items and technological concepts.


References-
Cinnamon, K., Ross, J., Ertmer, P., Technology Integration for
Meaningful Classroom Use: A Standards-Based Approach,
Cengage Learning 2009

ISTE Website, http://www.iste.org/standards/nets-for-teachers/nets-for-teachers-2008.aspx, accessed November 11, 2010

1 comment:

  1. Using RSS feeds and an aggregator is a great way to stay organized when trying to keep up to date on the latest trends and technologies. I like how our course requires us to subscribe to our group members blogs via an aggregator because it allows me to have easy access to their posts. Trying to stay current with articles and research can be overwhelming and it seems that this would be the best way to go in order to focus your attention on specific areas.

    ReplyDelete